ELIMINATE threats by searching for applicants in the OFAC, Office of Foreign Assets Control, database. MAKE sure your applicant isn't on the government watch list.
When should I use a OFAC Patriot Act search?This product should always be requested regardless if you are granting credit or screening applicants. In response to the Patriot Act, it is required by law that all businesses screen applicants against OFAC.
What is OFAC?OFAC, Office of Foreign Assets Control, is a government watch list of criminals and terrorists collected from databases around the world. This database was created as a result of the USA Patriot Act.
How do I use this product?This product can be used directly from a new application as a single product or packaged product. OFAC can also be added as a prescreening rule. The name entered on the application is checked against the database via all methods.
- Package "OFAC Patriot Act Search" with an existing product
- Request "OFAC Patriot Act Search" directly from a new application
- Add OFAC to your prescreening rules if using a decision table
How do I search effectively?Individual:
- Enter last name (first name optional) in the Last Name box in the "Applicant Information" section.
- Enter additional information like date of birth, address, city and/or zip when too many results are returned
- Enter name of business or charity in the Business Name box in the "Business Information" section of the "New Application" page.
What sources are searched?
What information is returned?A status of "Clear" is returned if your applicant or business isn't on the list.
How do I Setup?
- Go to My Account
- Select Access Codes
- Select the applicable Access Code
- Check Additional Data Sources
- Check OFAC Patriot Act Search
- Click Save